Are you interested in political issues and debate?
Do you want to learn more about how Parliament works?
Do you have ideas that New Zealand needs to hear about?
Then Youth Parliament might just be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Youth Parliament is a unique way for young people to learn first-hand about how our Parliament works. It only happens once every three years and gives you a chance to take the role of an MP and work with them to learn more about how our jobs really work. It’s a special opportunity, with 120 youth representatives hand-picked by MPs to represent the best and brightest from communities up and down the country.
I am on the hunt for a young Wellingtonian to take my place. I’m looking for someone who is interested in Parliament, has ideas about how we can make New Zealand better and wants to learn more about how they can put those ideas into action. If you’ve had a background in community service, have strong views on policy issues, enjoy advocacy and debate then this could be you.
Youth Parliament 2022 will be the tenth New Zealand Youth Parliament event. The two-day event will be held on 19 and 20 July 2022, and the six-month tenure period running from March to August 2022.
I’m looking for a young person who:
- Is engaged with their community.
- Brings a unique perspective to the issues facing our country.
- Is based in the Wellington Region.
- Is aged 16 – 18 years old (inclusive) on 12 November 2021.
- Is able to attend Youth Parliament on 19 and 20 July 2022.
To apply, please email me at [email protected] by 5:00 pm Friday 12 November, covering the following (500-1000 words):
- Tell me a bit about yourself and your aspirations for the future.
- Tell me why you’d like to attend the Youth Parliament and why I should choose you.
- Tell me a little about the issues you care most about.
Do you like this page?